1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making of a Monster Contest

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Jester, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Jester

Jester Greater Deity Staff Member

[​IMG]

Greetings and salutations.

We are very happy to announce that our first Making of a Monster Contest is ready to begin!

I have always been keen to run mischievous plots against my dear brother Kyuval, so in all my magnificence, I decided it was about time to mess around with his Archives. So I accidentally deleted some of the entries referring to a very powerful being. The problem is, that Kyuval's Archives are far from a normal depository of knowledge. If something isn't written there... then it just does not exist. So, I guess, now its our duty to redefine some of the greater qualities of this beastly beast!

The monster we will shape together through a series of polls and discussions is no other than Ysgrak'tos, the Scourge of the Umani, one of the four Destroyers created by Thraxos, god of Undeath, to punish the race of Umani for their wrongdoings against him.

How can I participate?

By voting in our forum polls during the period of the contest (4th-18th of May).

It is pretty easy! Register an account and just choose your answer in our polls.

Every 5 days a new poll will come up and the former one will be locked as our creature evolves into what infernal monstrosity you have chosen to create.

What is it in for me?

Eternal damnation!!!

I am kidding of course... aren't I?

Those who will participate in at least two of the three polls will see their names immortalized in-game, on a wall in the lair of the monster!

Last, but not least, those who participate in all three polls have a chance to win three copies of the game.

What else?!

When the dust has settled your creation will become a 3d model by David Lobo, our writer Liza Marsala will write a story about him, and one of our concept artists will create a wallpaper featuring Ysgrak'tos for all the participants!

Kyrill likes this.
  2. Jester

After its creation Ysgrak’tos was in a state of shock. The entrapped souls, bound inside the abomination, were yearning for release, driving the Destroyer mad. Thraxos, the all powerful God of Undeath with his commanding presence enough to bring down a mountain, ordered him to kneel before him and accept him as his eternal master.

Ysgrak’tos lashed out against his master, only to be knocked down by the Archlich’ sheer power of will. The Destroyer was then shackled and imprisoned beneath the Howling Plateau of the Fiendish Isles, tortured till he was broken into submission. His chains were forevermore a part of who he was…

Chained, broken, boiling with seething hatred, Ysgrak’tos was left in his prison to remember his lessons, until Thraxos decided he had need of him. Ages would pass, and civilizations would rise and fall, but little changed in his predicament. Only the times that he was called upon Amelor to sow destruction came as a welcome, fleeting moment of release from the pain and the anger.

Wounded, in pain, understanding its enslavement, Ysgrak’tos laid low for a while, waiting until the God of Undeath turned his attention elsewhere, then it tested his chains. They were tight and unbreakable, but he struggled, again and again, tirelessly, until eventually they were slackened enough for him to move. He started digging, then, deeper and deeper, into the hot darkness below earth, where he hoped to hide. It may have worked; Thraxos never came for him, never called him to display his strength. But his very existence was a curse upon the Cosmos, and it could not be ignored; the land, as if afraid, bore no plants, animals avoided it and people were terrified of it, even without understanding of what it was they feared. Before long, brave heroes arrived, seeking to put an end to the curse, and descended into the depths of its lair. Few survived all the traps, but those that did found nothing but tunnels further down to the depths of the earth, and that’s when most turned back. Eventually, however, one brave hero descended, survived the harshness of the caverns below as well as the traps above, and found the sleeping Ysgrak’tos. Little is known from their battle, but the land shattered that day, earthquakes brought down whole cities and floods swallowed entire kingdoms, as the bowels of the earth heaved in agony. The hero never returned, and Ysgrak’tos borrowed deeper. Scholars fear that should this happen again, Amelor itself would crack in two

Deep into abysmal caverns, perpetually covered by impenetrable darkness, stiffled by chains, wounded by an unforgiving master and brought to his knees by the fear of man, Ysgrak’tos paused and, for an endless moment, contemplated his existence. Was it worth it, this mad escape? Where would he go? Could he ever stop? But, on the other hand, how could he resist something that had so easilly defeated him by willpower alone? What options were there, with endless running on one side, and certain doom on the other?

When Ysgrak’tos opened his eyes from his contemplations again, he had made a resolution – enough was enough. The beast started climbing back towards the surface. Back towards the light, and the pain. He had faced god, and he had faced man, and still he struggled – he would keep struggling, until he did not need to struggle anymore. The earth heaved and creaked as he ascended, and finally gave way, with a crack that formed the Scar of the Depths and earthquakes that collapsed Altea, the City of Spires, Ysgrak’tos emerged to the world, and found his master waiting. Thraxos scowled, and the beast fell to its knees, unable to stand the terrible gaze. The god nodded in satisfaction and approached to reinforce the chains, and even he took pause when the beast rose again. Chains shattered and rained in the coutryside like hail of metal, destroying everything in a dozen miles and forming the Field of Iron Tears, and god and beast met in combat. Thraxos received a scar in that day that refuses to heal still; it is not often a creator withdraws from his creation, and he hasn’t forgotten that battle. Ysgrak’tos, on the other hand, is considered dead, buried under a mountain of rubble. Legends, though, want him not dead, but resting. Recuperating. Waiting until the time is ripe to burst out of the mountain, for the first time free.

3. Jester

And the lucky souls who win a copy of Jinx: Womb of Cosmos are:

grimmj0w6
    ollye
    jimmy1663

The rest of you, will be immortalized by using your nickname or any other name you prefer on the walls of Ysgrak’tos lair!!!

Stay put cause the next few days you will receive a mail containing info about the immortalization process (nasty stuff)